We provide a comprehensive range of farm animal health services. These range from the traditional fertility work to more advanced nutritional monitoring and health and production plan implementation.
In other words, we take a practical approach to putting into practice the advice we give. Furthermore, we really do prefer to work with the other farm advisors and nutritionists so that we can co-ordinate our inputs constructively.
At Ashfield Veterinary Surgery, we utilise both our own experience and that of the vets at Castle Vets in Barnard Castle to provide the highest quality care and advice possible.
You and your animal will benefit from our comprehensive services:
- Bull/ram fertility testing.
- Farmer meetings/client education.
- Flock health club.
- Herd/flock health plans and reviews (in line with farm assurance requirements).
- Individual sick animal treatment.
- Mastitis investigations
- Pregnancy diagnosis with portable ultrasound.
- Post mortem examination.
- Premium cattle health scheme and sheep and goat health scheme sampling.
- Ram/bull vasectomies.
- Routine beef and dairy fertility work.
- Routine and non-routine surgery – in house and on farm.
- TB testing
- Bull and tup fertility testing with electroejaculator or artificial vagina.
- Semen collection and freezing for AI in cattle and sheep
- Synchronisation programmes and AI in cattle
- Laparoscopic AI in sheep
- Embryo transfer and flushing in cattle and sheep